Jeep

Jeep

Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 14 - The North Cascades National Park - WA

Toe shots mean life is really great!

We keep having a few showers around but the good part of that is how it makes the colors really stand out.  Fall is on the way up here!

What can I say about North Cascades?  It rivals Glacier for sure.  The cloudy day really adds to the mood of what I imagined this place to be like.

We stopped for a quick lunch and a hike at Rainy Pass.  It was a 2 mile round trip to Rain Lake.  No disappointment here for sure!  Everything is so lush.  No weeds, just ferns everywhere.  I wish I could bottle up this clean, crisp air and send to the Texas gulf coast for everyone to enjoy. It was really cold here. Glad I had gloves in my pocket.

Washington Pass afforded beautiful views of Liberty Bell Spires.  Ross Lake was quite impressive.  But Diablo Lake - it was turquoise!

We found the BEST campsite at Colonial Creek Campground, located on Diablo Lake.  I think this was the best back porch view ever. Awesome dinner from items from the Farmers Market - sweet potato fries, fresh lima beans, salm,on patties and fried shrimp (from HEB, but still good.).

Rainy Lake
Rainy Lake
Looks like strawberries to me. Everywhere!
Ross Lake
Diablo Lake
Gorge Falls
View from the back porch
Back porch view
Sweet potato fries for dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment