Jeep

Jeep

Thursday, May 19, 2016

And We Are Off! Bye LBJ!

The best part of our first volunteer gig was the other volunteers and rangers we met and formed friendships with.  So yes, it is hard to say good-bye.  Hopefully paths will cross again for all of us somewhere down the road.

We had a BBQ meal to say good-bye. Yum.

What is there to not like about these great folks?



Some of the best folks we have met. Guess cause we all like doing things for the park service! 


Ron took me out for my birthday dinner for some really good German food.  This is duck schnitzel and was it awesome!  I highly recommend Otto's in Fredericksburg, located behind the Pacific War Museum.  A little pricey, but sometimes that just makes it all the more special.


Awesome cocktails. Don't even remember what they were called.

Ron was so excited to pack up and leave, he came and picked me up from work, after I finished giving a few more of those lovely green tours.  Not sure if I will miss all this talking LOL.


What we will miss so much is this place, on Wednesday nights.  It will make me consider coming back to this area.

The last meal from the Pig Pen here at Albert. A glorified frito pie.

Well Garner State Park and the Frio River, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment