Jeep

Jeep

Sunday, December 10, 2017

What??? SNOW in Texas!

Yep, it happened again!  This is how it happened. Monday and Tuesday of this week we were sweating up a storm, wearing shorts and wishing for some cooler weather.  Well Tuesday afternoon, we went to Sugar Land for Ron's follow-up appointment with an orthopedic surgeon. Well a cold front moved in that afternoon and we started doing a happy dance. Believe it or not, the surgeon was able to fit Ron into his schedule for the next day to finally get his rotator cuff repaired. Not something we had planned, but knew one day this would happen. The day of surgery is overcast, cold and dreary, really sloppy winter weather. That good old nasty stuff that makes everyone around here start making soups and chowders and chili.  Take a look at how happy Ron is about the weather!
I told you he was happy with our winter weather!


The sloppy winter weather continues through the day. I get Ron home safe and sound and get him settled into the recliner where he will be spending the next several days. I cook us a pot of soup.

Well, the weathermen start talking about the possibility that the stars could align right and by golly there just might be some snow Thursday evening through Friday morning.  The last time we had enough snow fall was on Christmas Eve in 2004 (I think).  Now that was a treat for sure!  So, we didn't know whether to get excited or not about it. I am thankful for the sloppy weather as it is keeping Ron inside and resting, by the way.  Well, way early Friday morning my sweet hubs wakes me and says something like - "If you want to see it snow, you better get up!"  I did!  Yep it was dark but you could see the flurries.  I took a nice walk when the snow was coming up. I have to say that Brazos Bend State Park, with some snow on the trails, was just beautiful.  Here are some shots I thought I'd share.

Our campsite looked so pretty!


The oak trees with the fern and snow was magical.

The prairie


Magical


40 acre lake shoreline



The woods were so quiet!




Hoots Hollow trail was so serene.




I think the buzzards were really confused!
But alas, the snow was all melted by late morning. It was fun and beautiful while it lasted. No school was cancelled so I am 100% sure there were lots of sleepy kiddos!

For those of you who are wondering how does it work to have a major surgery and live full time in a motorhome?  Not to worry. Ron is comfortable. It's just like being at a sticks and brick house, maybe even better because when he rings that little bell, I don't have far to walk to see what he needs!  LOL!

Here's to hoping everyone is enjoying this wonderful holiday season!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that Ron is on the road to recovery. The snow sure is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete